Saturday, June 11, 2011

Reminiscence: Galliano for Christian Dior #3 - S/S 2008 Haute Couture


S/S 2008 is definitely one of my favorite seasons from Christian Dior haute couture show; how can't it be anyway? Channeling the subtle sensuality and scandal of John Singer Sargent's infamous portrait of society beauty Madame X, the collection was just rolled on along as a visual treat. The colors! The lightness! The embroidery! It was magical. Technicolour treat of ruffles and virtuoso twists of satins, taffetas and lavish embroidery sauntered past on the world's highest heels: it screamed luxe, luxe, luxe! I love it so much that in fact, I just realized I had actually created a post of this collection before. Does it deserve a second post anyway? Hell yeah, absolutely.

3 comments:

  1. This is so so fabulous darling. I love your interpretation and the collection is just mind-blowing.

    Meag xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos! I like it too ;)

    ReplyDelete