Thursday, April 21, 2011

Illustrators Drawing Illustrators

Image source: The Catwalking

Few weeks ago, Meagan from 'TravelWriteDraw' asked me to join in her illustration project, called 'Illustrators Drawing Illustrators'. Basically she would put all of the participating illustrators' names in a jar, pair each with another illustrator to draw, and on Jan 11th we all post our illustrations and link to the person's blog, making some kind of a blog-crawl. According to Meag, I replied her email only few minutes before she pulled the names from the jar, so I'm glad that I could participate in this project after all; it was definitely fun. Thanks Meag (:

So anyway I was chosen to illustrate Meg from 'The Jersey Gem', whose blog I have been following and regularly visited for quite sometime now. Meg provided me with only a close-up picture of herself as reference, so I decided to draw her in this layered chiffon dress from Sonia Rykiel S/S 2009 collection. I think it's quirky, fun, very Parisian, and definitely one of my favorite Sonia Rykiel's show. I also tried to collage the illustration with some doodles from my scrapbook and photograph archive, just to give some breath of fresh air to my illustration. I hope you all, and especially Meg, like it!

5 comments:

  1. Fred you never fail to amaze me!! Your portrait of Meg is absolutely exquisite. You have so much talent I'm just blown away!! Thank-you so much for being apart of this. I'm waiting on two posts and then the blog crawl will be complete.

    Meag xx
    travelwritedraw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is so lovely!! I absolutely love it thank you Fred, it's such a fabulous interpretation! I absolutely loved Sonia Rykiel's collection and its parisian theme so i'm glad you chose it :)
    xoxo
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing, I love all the details you've got here, brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very interesting collage! I love the outfit and the details of the necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post and your style!!!
    xx

    johanna, sweden
    ART

    ReplyDelete